Home / Node / Kvinnherad Church

Kvinnherad Church

Share

Kvinnherad Church is a stone church from around 1250, and was built in a combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles. The church, which has no spire, has superb soapstone details in the portals and windows, but little of the original Catholic interior has survived. The church bells are from the 14th and 15thcenturies. The Barony of Rosendal owned the church from 1678 to 1910, and there is a private burial chamber for the Rosenkrantz family, the first family on the Barony.

Map