Home / Node / Arendal Old Town Hall

Arendal Old Town Hall

Share

The building was erected in 1812-15 by the shipping magnate and trader Morten Michael Kallevig as a private home for the Kallevig family, offices and warehousing for the trading business. The building is one of Norway's largest wooden manor houses, built in empire style. The property was taken over by the local authority in 1844 and served as the town hall until 2005. Large portrait collection, party rooms and landscape paintings. The house was preserved in 1924.

Map