Home / Node / Uvdal Stave Church

Uvdal Stave Church

Share

Uvdal Stave Church was built at the end of the 12th Century on the remains of an older church. The churches of the 12th Century were no more than 40 square meters in size and were therefore often expanded both before and after the Reformation. The cross naves were built in 1723. The exterior of the Church was panelled in 1760. The interior is ornately decorated. Two scary halfmasks are quite visible on the cross poles, and according to myth they were able to capture demons. Divine services during summer. Nore and Uvdal District Museum nearby. The church is owned by Fortidsminneforeningen.

Map