Home / Node / Church ruins at Rokoberget

Church ruins at Rokoberget

Share

The church ruin at Rokoberget is the remains of a church dedicated to the archangel St. Michael. The church was built of stone and was sited at the top of the Rokoberget hill. St. Michael's church was first mentioned in a papal letter of 1254 and has been a wayside church, but historians disagree about whether the passers-by were pilgrims or Swedes on their way to the market at Hamar. The ruins, which are accessible to the public, are fenced in. A path down to the right behind the bell tower leads to a look-out point.

Map